No-Grain Muffins with Orange Zest
Dr. Joseph Mercola says that grains and look there carbohydrates make you fat, and in his book The No-Grain Diet, he offers ways to conquer cravings by eliminating grains. Here is provides “muffin” in all but the cialis health store grain part, and so this might be the ticket for those of you who would like to www.frduval.com reduce your carbohydrate intake at breakfast but don’t feel satisfied without a muffin or piece of toast.
1 cup flaxseeds, ground
1/2 cup walnuts, ground
3/4 cup protein powder (such as hemp seed)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup organic zucchini, peeled and grated
2/3 cup ricotta cheese (or Greek yogurt)
grated zest of one orange
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Oil muffin tins with coconut oil.
2. Grind flaxseed and walnuts in a food processor or nut grinder.
3. In a small bowl, mix flaxseeds, walnuts, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4. In a larger bowl, mix oil (melt the coconut oil so that it is 10mg cialis liquid), eggs, vanilla, grated zucchini, yogurt, and orange zest.
5. Fold dry ingredients into liquid ingredients. Fold in chopped walnuts.
6. Pour into muffin tins and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Let us know any variations you have tried in the quest of no-grain bread that satisfies!
–Adapted from The No-Grain Diet, by Dr. Joseph Mercola (2003).
By Annie B. Bond, the best-selling and award-winning author of five healthy/green living books, including Better Basics for the Home (Three Rivers Press, 1999), Home Enlightenment, Clean & Green (1990), and most recently True Food (National Geographic, 2010 and winner of Gourmand Awards Best Health and Nutrition Cookbook in the World). She has authored literally thousands of buy viagra lowest price canada articles and was named “the foremost expert on green living” by Body & Soul magazine (2009).