10 Keys to Active Mastery – Deepak Chopra
Adapted from The Essential Ageless Body, Timeless Mind, by Deepak Chopra (Harmony Books, 2007).
According to Deepak Chopra, the most meaningful thing you can live for is to reach your full potential. To help you carve out your own ideal life, he lists ten keys to active mastery.
1. Listen to your body’s wisdom, which expresses itself through signals of comfort and discomfort. If your body sends a signal of comfort and eagerness, proceed.
2. Live in the present, for it is the only moment you have.
3. Take time to be silent, to meditate, to quiet the internal dialogue.
4. Relinquish your need for external approval.
5. When you find yourself reacting with anger or opposition to any person or circumstances, realize that you are only struggling with yourself.
6. Know that the world “out there” reflects your reality “in here.”
7. Shed the burden of judgment–you will feel much lighter.
8. Don’t contaminate your body with toxins, either through food, drink, or toxic emotions.
9. Replace fear-motivated behavior with love-motivated behavior.
10. Understand that the physical world is just a mirror of a deeper intelligence.
By Annie B. Bond, the best-selling and award-winning author of five healthy/green living books, including Better Basics for the Home (Three Rivers Press, 1999), Home Enlightenment, Clean & Green (1990), and most recently True Food (National Geographic, 2010 and winner of Gourmand Awards Best Health and Nutrition Cookbook in the World). She has authored literally thousands of articles and was named “the foremost expert on green living” by Body & Soul magazine (2009).10 Keys to Active Mastery – Deepak Chopra,